Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Letter from aborted baby to mother [Letter 2]

Dear “Mommy,”

I would have been fifteen today.

Notice how I put mommy in quotes. I put it in quotes because that’s what you would have been if you grew the balls to have me. Don’t try to explain yourself because I already know the reasons why you aborted me. Is being nineteen years old a good enough reason to you? Honestly, I find that so pathetic. You said that you were too young to have a baby. Apparently you weren’t too young to open your legs.

I know I sound mad. Wanna know why? Because I am. The decision you made was selfish. The only person you thought about was you. You were afraid of struggling. You didn’t want to be one of those mothers that survived off of food stamps. I hope you’re happy. Because you’re not one of those mothers, in fact you’re not a mother at all.

I could have been a doctor, a lawyer, a singer, or something. I could have been making large amounts of money. It makes me sad because these are all things that I could have been doing, but I can’t, because you never gave me the opportunity to be able to or even try these things. Who knows what the future may have held for me? Now, neither of us will know, simply because you took my life away.


I’m looking down from heaven right now, and I’m jealous. I’m watching you interact with your two kids: Luis, an eleven year old and Jorge, a six year old. I could have been a part of that happy family that you guys have. But I was the one that was unfortunate enough to be eliminated.


I just have one question ask. I want an honest answer.



Do you regret it?



Love always,
Your mistake.

No comments: