Friday, October 17, 2008

Daryl's Finished Intros

The truck could only be heading in our direction.


I looked over at my mom as if it were the last time I would ever see her again. The past sixteen years of my life flashed before my eyes and my sweetest memories were the ones that I spent with her. While looking back at my life there was only one thing that I regretted and that was never telling her just how much she meant to me. I would give anything just to glance into her sparkling eyes and say "I love you" for the first time. She was the love of my ...


My eyes opened to a new world.

I saw the struggle. I saw them fight for their lives and it killed me inside to know that there was nothing I can do. My efforts were useless. I was too deep into this business. Selling heroine and cocaine never bothered me before, but after watching my only brother die from an overdosage changed my life. Instead of helping people, I was encouraging them to continue killing their bodies just so i can have a good meal and a couple of extra dollars in my pocket. I was ashamed. Not of my brother. Not of my customers. Of myself... and no one else.




Movement was not an option with all the wiring around my body.

A monster. Something or someone out of this world. That's what I saw when I looked at myself in the mirror. "How could this have fucking possibly happened to me! I knew that going mountain hiking was a bad idea." I looked over to my left and saw no one. I looked over to my right and saw no one. I was disappointed. But then I looked towards the door and there he was. My best friend, Mike. Through thick and thin. Better or worse. He was there.


Worry suffocated my heart as I looked upon the limp frame of my mother.


Cancer. To those that we are not close to and have it, we say "poor thing." That poor thing was my mother. She was everything to me. My everything was slowly deteriorating. And eventually, I'd have nothing.



She made my heart skip a beat.

"H-h-h-heyyyyy." My voice crackled every time that I was encountered with her eloquence. She made me never want to love...


anyone else but her.

No comments: