Tuesday, March 31, 2009

P&P #9 Chpts 14-18

“Oh, your father, of course, may spare you, if your mother can. Daughters are never of so much consequence to a father” (208).


From the way that society appears then, and most of the time appears now, most females have a better relationship with their mothers. In my situation, my relationship between my mom and I is infinitely more strong than my father and I’s. For Elizabeth, it is vice versa. As we see there are many differences between Mr. and Mrs. Bennet. For one, Mr. Bennet is interested in Elizabeth rather than the property that she may one day have the pleasure to own. Also, Elizabeth is very intelligent and has a strong character, something that both Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bennet admire. Ultimately, we see Mr. Bennet’s love for Elizabeth when he expressed how happy he is to have Elizabeth back at home: “I am glad you are come back, Lizzy” (217).

According to Chapter 16, the chapter in which we finally see Lydia playing a role in this novel, what can we infer about what type of person she is:
a. Jokester
b. Immature
c. Serious
d. Angry
e. Provides comic relief

No comments: